Potato Salad Fra Diavolo
- 2 1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning or coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 ribs celery with leafy greens, finely chopped
- A generous handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped yellow hot pepper rings
Place potatoes in pot, cover with water, bring to a boil then salt the water. Cook potatoes 12 to 15 minutes until tender.
While potatoes cook, combine spices and mustard with vinegar, whisk in EVOO and add the onions, celery and parsley to the bowl. Drain potatoes and toss them in dressing while they're still hot, they'll absorb more dressing and flavor. Garnish salad with chopped hot peppers.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2008