Chutney and Cheese Spread:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 ounces (a handful) macadamia nuts
- 1 piece crystallized ginger, shaved or grated, for garnish
- Date nut bread, halved across if round, lengthwise if loaf, then cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
New England Coffee:
- 8 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1/2-inch slice fresh orange rind
- 4 cloves
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Cognac or coffee liqueur
- Granulated sugar, for rimming glasses
Pulse ingredients for the cheese spread in food processor until mixture is combined. Transfer spread to a small serving dish and garnish with shaved crystallized ginger. Serve with the date nut bread.
Brew a pot of coffee, putting the orange rind, cloves, and cinnamon in with the grounds before brewing. Top off coffee with cognac or liqueur. Dip rims of coffee mugs in warm water, then coat in sugar.