- 1 cup caramel or fudge sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pints ice cream, such as vanilla or walnut
- Whipped cream
- Dark bitter chocolate bar for shaving
Heat the dessert sauce in small pot or microwave in small bowl. Stir in orange liqueur, cinnamon, and hot pepper. Fill sundae dishes with 2 scoops of ice cream and top with spicy, warm sauce and whipped cream. Using a vegetable peeler, decorate the sundaes with shavings of dark chocolate.