Sweet n' Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Tacos
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce or 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ear corn, kernels scraped from cob or 1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen organic kernels, defrosted
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds shrimp, deveined and tails removed, coarsely chopped or halved
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, white wine vinegar or distilled vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves
Separate the lettuce into cups and reserve.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a skillet and saute the corn over medium-high heat until light golden at edges. Season with salt and pepper. To the same skillet, add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp begin to turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and seafood seasoning and toss 1 to 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and heads up -- keep your head back to avoid a sinus attack! Add in the lime zest, agave and Sriracha. Toss and remove to a serving plate.
Dress the avocado with the lime juice.
Serve the shrimp with the lettuce for taco building. Fill the lettuce with the shrimp and top with scallions, avocado and cilantro.
Get Rachael's shopping list for this episode's recipes here.