The Big Dipper: Simple Marinara Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste, optional but recommended
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes and anchovy paste. Cook 2 minutes. Add parsley, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir sauce, bring to a bubble and simmer 5 minutes over low heat then place in small bowl and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.