The Only Pizza You'll Ever Want Again: Chicken, Sun Dried Tomato, Broccoli, Ricotta, Mozzarella and Basil
- 1 (16-ounce) package pizza dough, brought to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/3 pound broccoli from trimmed broccoli bin in produce section, 1/3 head
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 3 cloves cracked garlic
- 1/2 pound chicken breast cut for stir fry or chicken tenders
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 10 sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, available on dairy aisle
- 12 to 15 leaves fresh basil, torn or stacked and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
On a 12-inch nonstick pizza pan, stretch out your dough and form the pizza crust. Drizzle 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil on crust and spread it with a pastry brush over the dough to the edges. Sprinkle crust with 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
In a small covered saucepan, bring 2 inches water to a boil. Separate broccoli tops into florets, discarding lower stalks or reserving for soup. Salt water and add broccoli florets. Cook covered 3 to 5 minutes. Drain broccoli and set on cutting board. Chop broccoli florets into small pieces.
Heat a small nonstick pan over medium high to high heat. Add oil, cracked garlic and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Brown chicken breast cut for stir-fry or tenders until lightly golden all over, 3 to 5 minutes. Chop sauteed chicken and garlic on a cutting board into small pieces.
To assemble pizza, dot crust with chopped broccoli bits and cooked chopped chicken. Dot crust with spoonfuls of ricotta and spread ricotta gently with the back of your spoon. Add sliced sun-dried tomatoes, scattering them around the pizza to the edges. Complete the assembly with a thin layer of shredded mozzarella, about 1 cup. Place pizza in oven on middle rack and lower heat to 450 degrees F. Bake 12 minutes, until cheese is deep golden in color and crust is brown and crisp at the edges. Remove pizza from the oven and let stand 5 minutes. Top with lots of torn or shredded basil. Cut pizza into 8 slices using pizza wheel and serve.