Tuna and White Bean Pasta with Gremolata Bread Crumbs
- 6 tablespoons EVOO
- 6 flat filet anchovies, optional
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, toast and grind stale bread or store bought (have frozen ends in fridge to give tip - save ends until you have a bunch, toast and grind)
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound penne or ziti rigate
- 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, white vermouth or chicken broth
- 2 cans 6 ounces each Italian tuna in oil or water, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped or 1 can 15 ounces can diced tomatoes, drained, optional
Heat 4 tablespoons EVOO in small pan over medium-low heat with anchovies, if using. Melt anchovies into oil until they dissolve then add garlic and stir 2 minutes then add breadcrumbs and stir and cook until deeply golden in color. Stir in zest of 2 lemons and parsley and crushed red pepper flakes. Turn off heat and transfer to a bowl.
Heat a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons EVOO, couple of turns of the pan. Add celery, onions and 2 cloves garlic to the pan and cook until just tender, 5 minutes. Add white beans and rosemary and heat through 2 to 3 minutes more. Add wine, vermouth or broth, flakes tuna and tomato, if using. Stir 2 minutes then turn off heat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.