Veal Chops with Peppers
- 4 (1 1/2-inch thick cut) bone-in veal chops
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed away from skins
- 6 cubanelle Italian sweet peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 hot cherry peppers, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons juice from pepper jar, a splash
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Heat a skillet with oven safe handle over medium high heat. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Season the chops with salt and pepper. To hot skillet, add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, then the chops. Brown the veal for 2 minutes on each side, remove from pan to a plate. Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to the pan, then the garlic and sweet peppers. Cook garlic and sweet peppers 3 to 5 minutes to soften, then add the wine to the pan. Return the chops to the pan with the peppers and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook the chops and peppers 12 to 15 minutes until juices run clear near the bone. Remove the pan from oven and add hot peppers and a splash of pepper juice. Transfer chops to a serving platter. Spoon juices and peppers evenly over the chops and garnish with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray