Vegetable Chunk Salad
Many of us use crudite platters for starters around the holidays. Substitute or add any combination of crudite to this simple salad.
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 European (seedless) cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow squash, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, a couple of glugs
- 2 tablespoons (about 2 splashes) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Coarse salt and pepper
Combine chopped vegetables in a medium bowl. Place oil, vinegar, sugar, and Italian seasoning in a small plastic container with a lid. Secure lid and shake dressing vigorously for 1 minute. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.