Yogurt Ranch Dressing Marinated Chicken Legs and Tenders
- 2 cups Greek-style yogurt or reduced fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon paprika, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- A small handful dill leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 12 white meat tenders and 6 chicken leg drummers
- Vegetable or any light frying oil
- Flour mix:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning or ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika or smoked sweet paprika, a palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/3 palmful
- Honey and hot sauce, for serving
- Pickle spears, carrot and celery sticks and salted radishes, for serving
Dressing: Combine the yogurt and milk in a medium bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate.
Wash and dry the chicken pieces and coat them in the dressing.
Heat a couple of inches of frying oil in a large Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. The oil is ready when rapid bubbles surround the handle of a wooden spoon when submerged in the oil.
Put the flour in large double-bagged paper sack and add the mustard, poultry seasoning or thyme, paprika, turmeric and cayenne. Add the chicken tenders and shake to coat them in the flour. Using tongs add the chicken to the hot oil. Tenders will fry in 7 to 8 minutes time while you bread the 6 drummers. Remove the tenders to a cooling rack and add the drummers, they will take about 12 minutes for the juices to run clear. Remove the drummers to the cooling rack and season all of the chicken with salt while still hot.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray