- 6 ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons truffle butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut kernels off corn cobs using a sharp knife. Toss kernels with oil, spread on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, or until softened and lightly caramelized. In large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until brown. Add celery, carrots, and onion to bacon and sweat for 10 minutes. Add flour to the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes. Add corn, potatoes, and heavy cream and gently simmer for 45 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Season with thyme, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Whisk in truffle butter and serve.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.