Raw Beet Salad
Recipe courtesy of Mark Bittman's THE MINIMALIST COOKS DINNER (Broadway, 2001)
- 4 servings
- 1 pound beets
- 1 large shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or other good strong vinegar
- About 1 tablespoon minced parsley, dill, or chervil; or about 1 teaspoon minced rosemary or tarragon
Peel the beets and the shallot. Combine them in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, and pulse carefully until the beets are shredded; do not puree. (Or grate the beets by hand and mince the shallots; combine.) Scrape into a bowl.
Toss with the salt, pepper, mustard, oil, and vinegar. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Toss in the herbs and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Baby Beet and Baby Carrot Salad with a Sherry Walnut Vinaigrette, Roasted Beet and Grapefruit Salad, Beet and Endive Salad with Garlic and Herb Vinaigrette, Beet Salad Recipes, Cole Slaw Recipes, Pot Roast Recipes, Roast Beef Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes