Aunt Trish's Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash or 2 of paprika
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and left whole
- Green lettuce leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, halved
Place the olive oil, Parmesan, salt, pepper to taste, sugar, paprika, lemon juice and garlic into a jar. Shake it up and store in the fridge at least 24 hours before serving.
Serve the dressing with green lettuce leaves, sliced red onions and halved grape tomatoes. Also works well on pasta salad.