Cowboy Breakfast Sandwiches
- 16 slices Texas toast
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cut into 8 patties
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup jarred jalapeno slices
- Sandwich spread of your choice, such as mayo, spicy sandwich spread or spicy mustard
- 8 slices cheese, such as American, Cheddar or Cheddar-Jack
Cook the Texas toast on a griddle over medium heat, using lots of butter. Set aside.
Fry the sausage patties in a skillet over medium heat, flattening with the spatula as they cook. Set aside.
Mix the eggs, half-and-half and some salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour the eggs onto the griddle in a rectangular shape. Flip to cook on both sides. Cut the rectangle of eggs into 8 squares and set aside on a plate.
Increase the heat, then jump the jalapeno slices onto the hot griddle. Let them sizzle for a couple of minutes, chopping them with the side of the spatula as they cook. Drop on a tablespoon of butter for flavor. Cook until the jalapenos have some brown and black bits. Remove from the griddle, then set aside.
Spread whatever sandwich spread you'd like to use onto the Texas toast. Top with a sausage patty, eggs, a slice of cheese and some jalapenos. Top with another slice of Texas toast, then wrap in foil for serving.