Easy Greek Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 whole ripe tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges each, then each wedge cut in half
- 1 whole (large) cucumber, peeled, cut into fourths lengthwise, and diced into large chunks
- 1/2 whole red onion, sliced very thin
- 30 whole pitted kalamata olives, cut in half lengthwise, plus 6 olives, chopped fine
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole lemon, for squeezing
Add the chopped lettuce, tomato wedges, cucumber chunks, onion slices, halved olives, half the feta and some parsley to a large bowl.
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and chopped olives in a bowl or mason jar. Whisk or shake together until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings (I almost always add a little more sugar).
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, then add some salt and pepper. Toss with tongs or clean hands. Just before serving, top with the remaining feta and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond