Mint Chocolate Truffles
- 8 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Mint extract (3 to 4 drops)
- 8 ounces meltable milk chocolate
- Decorator's sugar
- Green food coloring
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat the dark chocolates and condensed milk in a double boiler over medium-low heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. The mixture will have a slight marshmallow texture. Stir in the mint extract to your taste.
Remove from the heat, and then cover and refrigerate until completely cool, at least 2 hours.
Once chilled, roll in teaspoon-size balls, and then dip into the melted milk chocolate coating, using a fork to let the excess chocolate drip off.
Color the decorators sugar with a small amount of green food coloring and sprinkle on top of the truffles.
2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved