- 8 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 to 4 drops mint extract
- 8 ounces meltable milk chocolate, melted
- Decorator's sugar
- Green food coloring
Heat the bittersweet and semisweet chocolates and condensed milk in a double boiler over medium-low heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. The mixture will have a slight marshmallow texture. Stir in the mint extract to your taste.
Cover and refrigerate until completely cool, at least 2 hours.
Once chilled, roll in teaspoon-size balls, and then dip into the melted milk chocolate coating, using a fork to let the excess chocolate drip off.
Color the decorators sugar with a small amount of green food coloring and sprinkle on top of the truffles.