Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks
- 12 ounces shaped pasta, such as farfalle
- 3 ounces chopped pancetta
- 2 whole leeks, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shaved Parmesan, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Cook the pasta according to package directions to al dente and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
Saute the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat until the fat is rendered and it starts to brown. Add the leeks and cook, about 8 minutes. When you add the leeks, you can also throw in a pat or 2 of butter if you want to. This'll give the dish some scrumptious flavor.
After 8 to 10 minutes, pour in the wine, and then cook until reduced, an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, and then pour in the cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in some Parmesan.
2012 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved