- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes, marinated, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup quartered white button mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 baby bok choy, quartered
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups short-grain rice, recipe follows
Place wok over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil once hot add marinated tofu and cook for 2 minutes, then add mushrooms, carrots, bok choy, yellow pepper and scallions. Stir-fry vegetables quickly then add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir well. Within 5 minutes stir-fry should be cooked. Once satisfied with texture place mixture on a serving plate. In the same wok add the remaining tablespoon of oil and add the lightly beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs then add the cooked rice. Stir and fry. Serve with tofu vegetable mixture.
For tofu marinade:
In a medium bowl add tofu, red chili flakes, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Stir making sure tofu is covered. Let tofu sit for 10 minutes.
SERVES 4; Calories: 464; Total Fat 18 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Protein: 19 grams; Total carbohydrates: 58 grams; Sugar: 8 grams; Fiber 7 grams; Cholesterol: 106 milligrams; Sodium: 1,154 milligrams
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup short-grain white rice
In medium saucepan add 2 cups water and salt, bring to a boil add rice and cover. Lower heat and cook for about 20 minutes.