Roasted Corn, Jicama and Mango Salad
- 4 ears fresh corn, unshucked
- 1 large jicama, peeled and thinly julienned
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Citrus vinaigrette, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the ears of corn on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool. When the corn has cooled shuck it and stand it on end. Using a sharp knife, run the blade down the cob to cut the kernels off. Rotate the cob and repeat until all the kernels have been cut off.Citrus Vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
In a large bowl combine the lime juice, orange juice, orange zest, sugar and hot sauce. Whisk together and slowly add the olive oil, whisking as you go. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and cilantro and whisk until combined.
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.