Blue Yonder Bbq Brisket
- 1 (4-pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons Irvine Spices Smokey Rotisserie Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves plus 6 to 12 small sprigs, for garnish
Early in the day, rinse brisket to remove any residue and pat dry with paper toweling. In a small bowl, combine Smokey Rotisserie Seasoning, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, tomato paste, salt and pepper and blend well into a paste. Rub well into all surfaces of brisket and let sit refrigerated for a couple of hours.
Heat the barbeque grill. Barbeque the brisket slowly over indirect heat at an approximate temperature of 250 degrees F until the meat is fork tender, for about 3 hours. Toward the end of the cooking time, combine the barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce, honey, and minced cilantro in a small bowl and spread on the brisket.
Serve family style garnished with cilantro sprigs.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved.