Chinese Long Beans with Sambal Orange Water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sambal
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 pound Chinese long beans, cleaned and cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup water
In a medium bowl, blend the water, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger and sambal, until well combined and set aside. In a large skillet over high heat, add the grapeseed oil and the beans and cook until they shrivel slightly. Once cooked, remove the beans from the pan to paper towels, to drain. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add orange water mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce the mixture until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 20 to 30 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and add cooked beans. Toss the beans in the orange water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the bean mixture to a serving dish and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.