Crawfish Spring Roll
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Spring Rolls:
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded raw cabbage (napa or white)
- 1/2 cup thin-sliced collard greens
- 1/4 cup small-diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup small-diced red onion
- 1/4 cup daikon sprouts or mung beans
- 1 teaspoon equal parts salt and ground white pepper
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails
- 4 ounces cooked pork belly or bacon, shredded
- 6 spring roll or eggroll wrappers
- 1/4 cup prepared slurry (equal parts water and cornstarch) well mixed
For the aioli: In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, garlic, mustard, green onions, seafood seasoning and lemon juice. Blend until mixed well. Refrigerate until serving.
For the spring rolls: Place the oil in a 1-gallon thick-bottomed saucepan and heat to 350 degrees F. Reduce the heat and hold at 350 degrees F until cooking.
After mixing the filling, place the wrappers on a dry counter with points at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock, forming a diamond. After laying out the wrappers, lightly brush the edges with the prepared slurry, then place 1/6 of the filling in the center of the wrapper.
Next, bring the bottom point over the filling and press the tip down to seal the 6 o'clock point, then repeat with 3 and 9 o'clock point and again seal. Once the three points have been sealed, roll tightly from the bottom to top, and repeat the process with the remaining rolls. Next, place the rolls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to help seal.
After refrigerating, place in the fryer and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, then remove from the oil. Allow to dry over paper towels, then slice in half and serve with the aioli.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.