Home at Last Leek and Corn Salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 sprigs thyme, stripped from stems
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed with the side of a knife blade and quartered
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 leeks, soaked in salt water to remove grit and thoroughly rinsed
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, boiled until tender and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil or if dehydrated soaked in water to rehydrate
- 6 small sprigs parsley
Through the feed opening of a running blender add, 1 at a time, vinegar, thyme, mustard, garlic, honey, salt, and ground black pepper. Leaving the blender running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream. Set aside until needed.
Slice the white and tender green parts of the leeks into 1/2-inch diagonals. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet and saute until tender. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Slice the corn from the cobs and place in a bowl with the sauteed leeks. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces and add to the bowl. Toss with enough of the dressing to coat. Do not feel compelled to use all of the dressing.
Serve garnished with parsley and additional dressing on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.