- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, top trimmed off, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds
- 12 okra pods, cut crosswise into 1/2- inch rounds, tops with stems discarded
- 1 red tomato, diced
- 1 stem fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 stems fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large skillet with deep sides, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
First, add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onions are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Next, add the zucchini, okra, and tomatoes. Stir until coated with the olive oil and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and cook until the okra are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
Recipe courtesy Robert Irvine