Asian Beef Salad with Cilantro, Scallions and Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked shredded beef
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place sesame seeds in a small skillet and set pan over medium-low heat. Cook 1 to 3 minutes, until just golden brown, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
Place lettuce in a large bowl (or divide onto individual dishes). Top lettuce with beef, carrots, scallions and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together broth, vinegar and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour mixture over salad, and top with toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved