- 2 cups leftover coarsely flaked salmon
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise, divided
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In small bowl, add the sesame oil and wasabi paste to the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise and mix well. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Serve the cakes with sesame-wasabi cream spooned over the top (1 tablespoon per salmon cake).