Baked Ricotta Bowls with Chicken and Parmesan and a Mixed Green Salad with Tomato-Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 9 -inch refrigerated pie crust
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 to 6 cups mixed lettuce greens
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Divide crust into 8 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Press the balls into the bottom and up the sides of an 8-cup mini muffin tin. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, ricotta, Cheddar, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, eggs, Dijon, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups and top with remaining Parmesan. Bake 20 minutes, until a knife inserted near the center of 1 cup comes out clean and crust is golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a blender, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, vinegar, and oil. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over greens.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali