Chicken Rollatini with Ditalini
- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cook ditalini according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
Arrange chicken breasts on a flat surface. Top each piece of chicken with ham. Mix together spinach and goat cheese and spread over ham. Starting from the shorter end, roll up chicken and secure with wooden picks. Brush mustard all over chicken rolls and then roll in bread crumbs.
Heat remaining oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken rolls and cook until golden brown on all sides.
Transfer chicken to oven and bake 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Serve chicken with half of the ditalini. Reserve extra ditalini for another dish.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse