- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced (canned pears may also be used)
- 8 ounces leftover ham slices
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese (4 to 8 slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
Coat a large griddle or skillet with cooking spray and preheat to medium heat.
Spread mustard on 4 slices of bread. Spread mayonnaise on remaining 4 slices of bread. Top mustard side of slices with pear slices, ham and cheese. Place second slice of bread (with the mayonnaise) over top, making a sandwich.
In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and water. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture and turn to coat both sides. Place sandwiches on hot griddle and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, until egg is cooked and cheese melts.