Grilled Chicken with Spicy Ginger Vinaigrette
- Cooking spray
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup rice wine (mirin)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons hot mustard (not powder)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups prepared cole slaw mix
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- To make the chicken:
DirectionsTo make the chicken:
Coat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper. Place chicken on hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
In a small bowl, whisk together rice wine, vegetable oil, wasabi paste, hot mustard, and ginger. Set aside.To make the beggar's purses:
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add slaw mix and soy sauce and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until wilted.
Arrange wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Top each wrapper with 1 heaping teaspoon of slaw mixture. Pull up sides and pinch the middle together, making a purse. Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add purses and cook 1 minute, until bottom is golden brown. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and steam 3 to 5 minutes, until purses are tender and translucent.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali