Mashed Acorn Squash with Sunflower Seeds
- Total Time:
- 12 min
- 5 min
- 7 min
- 4 servings
- 2 acorn squash, cut in 1/2 and seeded
- 1/3 cup lowfat sour cream or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shelled dry-roasted sunflower seeds
Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, remove the flesh from the squash and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cumin, and garlic powder and mash together with a fork until blended and smooth, adding more sour cream, as necessary, to create a nice consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the squash onto plates and top with sunflower seeds just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller, 2006
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller