Pasta Shells with Roasted Vegetables
- Cooking spray
- 4 small or 2 large eggplants, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 pound uncooked medium or large (not jumbo) pasta shells
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine eggplant, artichoke hearts, oil, thyme, and rosemary. Toss to coat vegetables with oil and herbs. Arrange vegetables on prepared baking sheet and roast 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and tender, turning halfway through cooking. Remove vegetables from oven and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and return to cooking pot. Stir in roasted vegetables and roasted red peppers.
Whisk together chicken broth, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over pasta and toss to coat. Stir in basil. Spoon mixture into shallow bowls and sprinkle Parmesan over top.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved