- 8 ounces uncooked somen noodles
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish, optional
Cook noodles according to package directions.
Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and saute 2 minutes. Add shrimp and saute 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of the peanut sauce sauce and simmer 2 minutes, until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through. Drain noodles and add to shrimp mixture. Toss to combine.
Transfer noodle mixture to 4 individual plates and top each serving with peanuts, scallions and cilantro, if desired.
Reserve remaining peanut sauce for additional meals such as Robin's Steak Salad with Peanut-lime Dressing, or Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce.