- 4 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced or pre-shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups leftover white rice
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce
- 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, optional
- 1 cup diced cooked pork
- Salt and ground black pepper
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through and scrambled. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
To the same skillet over medium heat, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add scallions, carrots and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add rice and pork; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add black bean sauce and stir to coat rice. If the black bean sauce is overly thick, add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Stir in cooked egg just before serving.