Slow Cooker Ginger-Soy Short Ribs Green Rice with Lime
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 leeks, rinsed well and chopped
- 3 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, fat trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups instant brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
Heat a large Dutch oven and arrange carrots and leeks on the bottom. Season ribs all over with salt and pepper and place over vegetables. In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, sherry, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Pour mixture over ribs. Cover and braise for 3 to 4 hours. This can also be done in a slow cooker - just cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Cook rice according to package directions.
While still hot, stir in cilantro, scallions, jalapenos, and lime zest. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve half of the rice with the ribs (and carrots and leeks) and reserve extra rice for another meal.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Stewed Green Beans, Spice Rubbed Grilled American Bison Short Ribs with Orange Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Grilled Short Ribs with Grilled Pineapple and Pineapple-Habanero Sauce, Gingerbread Recipes, Roast Beef Recipes, Asian Noodle Recipes, London Broil Recipes, Ginger Snap Recipes, Easy Stir-Frying