- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can pink beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced fresh avocado, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cornbread, optional
In the bottom of a slow cooker, combine pork, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Stir to combine. Add broth, tomatoes and beans, cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
When ready to serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with avocado and cilantro. Garnish soup with lime wedges.
Serve with cornbread, if desired.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved