- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can pink beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced fresh avocado, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cornbread, optional
In the bottom of a slow cooker, combine pork, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Stir to combine. Add broth, tomatoes and beans, cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
When ready to serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with avocado and cilantro. Garnish soup with lime wedges.
Serve with cornbread, if desired.