Rob's Point Loma Ponzu Tuna
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, diced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon mirin, or to taste
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) yellowfin tuna steaks (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- White sticky rice, for serving
- Sliced radicchio, for serving
- Sliced romaine lettuce, for serving
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sweat garlic and shallots in olive oil until shallots are softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Deglaze pan with orange juice and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Transfer mixture to blender. Add miso, wasabi and mirin. Blend until smooth.
Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Sear tuna on grill, about 1 to 2 minutes per side for rare. Slice tuna and plate immediately on bed of white sticky rice and finely sliced radicchio and romaine. Drizzle with ponzu sauce.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Tuna with Olive Tapenade, Pepper-Crusted Tuna Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette and Fresh Wasabi Leaves, Sixteen Spice Seared Tuna with Mustard Mint Sauce, Easy Main Dish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Easy Baking, Fish Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes