Rustic Fall Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium winter squash, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat the butter or oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until fragrant and translucent. Add the garlic and saute until golden brown.
Season the soup with salt, and black pepper, to taste. Serve with sliced crusty bread.
Serves: 4; Calories:272; Total Fat: 5 grams; Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams; Protein: 12 grams; Total carbohydrates: 51 grams; Sugar: 7 grams; Fiber: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 8 milligrams; Sodium: 483milligrams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.