- 2 to 4 pounds boneless fresh salmon fillet, side-on
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Razz B Que Sauce, recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Entertainment crackers of choice (water or wheat crackers)
- 10 lemon wedges
- Kale, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- J.J. McBrewster's Signature Razz B Que Sauce:
- 1 1/3 cups seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Preheat a smoker to 225 degrees F using hickory or cherry wood chips.
Rub the skin side of the salmon with oil and put it, skin side down, on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Massage the seasoning into the salmon to create an outside rub, then sprinkle with pepper, to taste.
Put the salmon with the foil on a smoker rack and close the lid. Smoke the salmon for 30 to 35 minutes and cooked to a medium doneness. Do not open the smoker lid during cooking time. Remove the salmon from the smoker to a serving platter and allow it to cool.
Drizzle the salmon with Razz B Que Sauce, sprinkle with fresh chives and fresh raspberries. Serve with the remaining Razz B Que Sauce, cream cheese, crackers and lemon wedges. Garnish with kale and remaining raspberries. Lightly drizzle with honey to sweeten, if desired.
Cook's Note: If you do not own a smoker you can purchase salmon already smoked from a local fish market or us.
Wisk all of the ingredients together, in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Susan Mirkhan, owner J.J. McBrewster's in Lexington, KY
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica