Barbecue Bean Chili Dogs
- For the chili:
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 15 -ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 -ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- For the hot dogs:
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
Make the chili: In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the barbecue sauce, kidney beans, black beans, chili seasoning, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, make the hot dogs: Set up a grill or preheat a grill pan over medium heat. When ready to start cooking, brush the grates with vegetable oil. Place the hot dogs on the hot oiled grill and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Toast the buns on the grill, if desired. Put the hot dogs in the buns and top with the chili. Serve hot topped with the chopped onion.
Photograph by Kang Kim
Thank you! your flag was submitted.