Berry Iced Tea
- For the tea:
- 4 berry-hibiscus herbal tea bags (recommended: Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup simple syrup, or to taste
- 1/2 orange, cut into wedges
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 8 frozen raspberries
- For the simple syrup:
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put tea bags in a heatproof pitcher.
Stir in simple syrup, to taste. Squeeze orange and lime wedges into tea and add wedges. Serve tea in tall glasses. Garnish with frozen raspberries.
To prepare the simple syrup:
Add sugar and water to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute; stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Let syrup cool.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007