Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish frozen pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the frozen pie shell onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, butter and brown sugar with a hand-held mixer until completely incorporated. Add the brown sugar, caramel sauce, bourbon, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in the pecans. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Bake until just set in the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for about 1 hour before slicing.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011