- 1 1/2 pounds frozen, shelled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Mexican chile and lime marinade (recommended: Lawry's)
- Cooking oil, for grill
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (6-ounce) bag shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 lime, for garnish
Marinate the shrimp in the chili and lime marinade for at least 5 minutes but no more than 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Brush the grill with a paper towel that has been soaked in cooking oil. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place on the grill. Grill the shrimp until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Mix the sour cream with chipotle and adobe sauce.
Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel. Place on a plate and microwave for 45 seconds.
Build the taco with the shrimp, cabbage, onion and guacamole and top with the chipotle sour cream. Garnish with lime wedges.