- 1 egg
- 1 (10-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 packets spaghetti sauce spice seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 reduced-fat beef hot dogs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 12 wooden skewers
In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, corn muffin mix, milk and 1 seasoning packet. In a separate shallow dish, mix second seasoning packet and flour. Insert wooden skewers half way into hot dogs.
Heat oil to 360 degrees F in a deep-fryer. Dredge each beef frank in flour seasoning mix, dust off excess then dip into cornmeal batter. Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.