- 12 ounces pork sausage with sage
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (6-ounce) package original long grain and wild rice, with seasoning packet
- 2 1/3 cups low sodium chicken broth
Add the olive oil to the frying pan over medium heat. When oil is hot add the onion, celery, and bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are soft, but not brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Return the sausage to the pan, add poultry seasoning and stir to combine. Add rice and seasoning packet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered tightly, for 25 minutes.
Fluff with fork and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee