- 1 can condensed Southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 8 ounces Mexican-style shredded cheese
- 1 baguette French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- Spicy Tomato-Cheese Soup, recipe follows
In a bowl, combine condensed cheese soup and the shredded cheese. Spread mixture on baguette slices. Butter the outside of the sandwiches.
Heat large frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches in the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes. Flip sandwiches and cook second side. Cover frying pan to ensure that the cheese melts. Serve as "dunkers" with mugs of Spicy Tomato-Cheese Soup.
Spicy Tomato-Cheese Soup:
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
3 cups spicy tomato juice
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat thoroughly, over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Serve in mugs with Grilled Cheese Dippers.