Grilled Trout Ciabatta
- For Trout:
- 1 cup olive oil and vinegar salad dressing (recommended: Newman's Own)
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried fines herbes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds trout, cleaned, heads and tails removed
- For Artichoke Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup artichoke bruschetta topping (recommended: Delallo)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) loaf ciabatta bread
- 2 cups spring salad mix
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Place the trout in a large resealable bag and pour the salad dressing mixture over the fish. Squeeze the air from the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, to make the artichoke aioli, stir together the mayonnaise, artichoke bruschetta topping, lemon juice, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat and oil the grates well.
Remove the trout from the marinade, discarding any leftover marinade, and place on the grill, flesh side down. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and set aside.
Slice ciabatta bread horizontally and quickly toast on the grill. Spread both sides with artichoke aioli. Carefully pull skin from trout fillets (bones should come up with
skin). Assemble sandwich and cut into serving size pieces.
NOTE: Although most bones should come out with removal of skin, warn guests to be aware of bones.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.