- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) bag refrigerator pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Coat a 13 by 9-inch sheet pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread out the pizza dough to fit the sheet pan.
In a small bowl mix together the Italian seasoning and remaining olive oil. Brush the seasoned oil all over the top of the dough, making sure to reserve about 2 teaspoons. Using your fingers punch dimples about halfway down into the dough. Bake in the hot oven for about 8 minutes.
Remove the focaccia from the oven, top with tomato slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and bush with remaining 2 teaspoons of the oil mixture. Return to the oven and bake until the focaccia is gold brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm with Tuscan Peasant Soup with Tortellini.